Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One For The History Books

Election 2008 is now in the history books and without a doubt, this election is monumental for several reasons. First America has elected its first black president, voter turnout for this election was more than any election in the last century and lastly, one party controls the White House and both houses of Congress for the first time since 1994.

Now that it is over, one would think that I would be able to get on with life, but that is simply not the case. For the first time in my life, I am actually scared of the government and the direction that this new administration is going to take us. I honestly do not trust Obama. Likewise with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. The three of them together have the power to do just about anything that they want in Washington - all without any checks and balances. Mark my words, for at least the next two years, President Obama will not use his veto power. Why would he use it when congress takes the same liberal view as he does.

I am totally fearful that the next two years, at the least, will see attacks on the Second Amendment, higher taxes for those of us that work and more entitlements for those that do not. I also foresee appointments to the US Supreme court as well as the lower courts of judges that not only take an extremely liberal interpretation of the Constitution and the laws of this country, but also legislation from the bench.

America wants change and that is what we will get, but I doubt that the change will be for the better. Entitlements, more government programs and more tax and spend. That is what we will get - same as any other liberal government.

The one good thing that I see from this election is that it is proof positive that Affirmative Action is no longer needed, but it will still be here in four years.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Fellow Dubuquer here. I actually found you on the Linux Counter... Just wanted to leave a message, so you at least know I was here. I'm enjoying the read.

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!

Unknown said...

Thank you for reading. :)