Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Officially in the Books

I know that it is quite strange that here I am, end of March and I am posting yet another blog entry about the snow. Not that I necessarily want to post about the snow, but that I have to - and then I hope that this will be the last for this winter season. I have to because I can now say that I have lived through one of the worst winters in Dubuque history.

Yes, folks, it is now officially a record breaking winter. As of 6:59pm CDT today, we had received 76.2 inches of snow and surpassed the 135-year record of 75.7 inches set in winter 1961-1962. If I wasn't so darn tired of this 'endless winter' I would probably be jumping up and down, but alas, I am just thankful to have survived it. However, the worst is not over as we are looking at rain starting Saturday and continuing through next Thursday. Sure it will melt the snow and the frost, but the down side is that the ground is completely saturated and any rain will only run off and cause flooding.

No comments: