Tuesday, January 29, 2008

...And Then Again (God Has a Sense of Humor)


I should have known that just as soon as I thought of and started writing that last post on Perspective is Everything, God would throw a comment in there for me.

This morning, I prepared for work, listening to the weather radio and taking into account the fact that it was indeed warm - so warm in fact that virtually overnight all of the snow melted - but slated to get colder as the day wore on. I dressed for what I thought was appropriate for today with all the extras for this evening's wind and colder temps. I forgot that God would kindly bring me back to humility.

At midnight, we were at 39°F. Our high today was 41° at 5am. The low so far (as of 10pm is -6°F. However, you must also realize that the wind is howling at a brisk 30MPH gusting to 40MPH which translates to a wind chill of -35° to -45°F. If the National Weather Service models hold out, we could have wind chills between -45° and -50°F tonight.

As far as "perspective" is concerned, that means a shift of 50° (or 100° if you factor in the wind chill). Much more than I was talking about a couple days ago.

All this proves two points for me. One is that God has a pretty interesting sense of humor and, two, this IS Iowa where if you don't like the weather today, stick around because it will be different tomorrow.

No comments: